Detroit Orchestra Hall Restoration and Expansion
Detroit 's historic Orchestra Hall (built in 1919) received a $60 million expansion and restoration from 2001 through 2003. The grand opening of the Max M. Fisher Music Center (The Max) in October 2003, revealed a newly refurbished Orchestra Hall and a brand new 135,000 square foot expansion. The Max now features a soaring atrium lobby, a second 450-seat performance hall, elevators, gift store, donor lounge, expanded refreshment stations, and a 15,000 square foot education center.
TEC provided testing services for Orchestra Hall during the expansion and restoration work. The scope of services included foundations, earthwork, concrete, masonry, structural steel, fireproofing, roofing, and all corresponding laboratory services and reports.